News

Two children killed in house fire

Man Jose Kayima

Two children have been confirmed dead in the house fire at Wang-lei A Village in Pakwach Town Council.

The incident happened as the children were sleeping in their parents’ grass-thatched house got burnt. Their parents were absent at the time of the incident in Pakwach District.

According to eyewitness said they tried to rescue the children in vain because there were no fire extinguishers when the fire started from inside.

Residents at the house that caught fire (Photo by Daily Monitor)

Police have confirmed that the early Wednesday morning fire started from a burning candle left by their mother who locals claim had gone to watch movies in the neighborhood.

“The two aged between 1 and 4 couldn’t escape and got burnt inside the house. Others found their way out of the burning hut,” Said Pakwach Police Community Liaison Officer, Mr Dominic Owinjuru as quoted by Daily Monitor

Wang-Lei A LC1 vice chairperson Nasur Alayi attributed the incident to parental negligence and dvised parents to be careful especially at night as the festive season draws closer.

Related Posts

1 of 217

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *